Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Beauty of Churches

Maybe this post should really go on the Photography page, but I’ve decided to post these photos on the Home page since it is Sunday and I missed worship services today. One way I’ve approached improving my photography is to choose a subject and try to follow through with a series of photographs on that subject. One of the subjects I am working on is a series of church photographs. I’ll only post a few of the ones I’ve done and tell you just a little bit about them. I’m nowhere near finished with this project - I’ve only just begun.











This is where our daughter got married. This picture was taken early last fall.








Sometimes I like to take a photo at an odd angle. This is the steeple of my home church taken at an angle. Our steeple and stained glass windows are the most striking features of our building. I was in the middle of a photography class when I shot this one. The assignment was night photography.







Since I'm in Savannah, I might as well show you where Paula Deen got married. This is the inside and outside of that beautiful little church.

























Another Savannah church, only this one has a lot of Civil War history associated with it. It is located right next door to the former headquarters of General Sherman. The ladies of the church nearly drove him crazy with the ringing of the church bells.



The sky was getting very cloudy and it was beginning to sprinkle just a bit. I loved how the steeple showed up against the threatening clouds.











I hope you had a wonderful Sunday. Please remember our fallen soldiers this Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop