Monday, September 6, 2010

Hit the Ground Runnin'

That's what I've been told I'd probably do. And yep, I'm gonna hit the ground runnin' tomorrow. I've had a nice vacation and today I concluded my time off by spending the day pampering myself, so I'll get back with it tomorrow. Lots of library work to be done, lots of money to raise, and lots of details to take care. I've never done too much in the way of civic work so I guess my time has come. I did get a bit of a head start tonight by designing a poster for the Kitchen Tour and Tasting the Friends of McIver's Grant Public Library will be having in October, which should be a real nice affair and a good fundraising event.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What is the Kitchen Tour? Sounds fun. When is it?

Carol Harris said...

You'll be seeing posters around town soon. The tour is Oct. 9th beginning at 10am. There are 4 kitchens on the tour. At each stop there will be food provided by local chefs and tasting opportunities, as well as home dec items and ideas provided by 4 local shops. It ought to be a lot of fun. The kitchens belong to Patricia Warren, Amy Perkins, Sherry Guthrie, and Kathy Cooper. The shops participating are Hilltop House, Fiddlesticks, Lulu's, and Magnolia Marketplace. You can buy advance tickets at the library for $15 or get them the day of the tour for $20.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop